[PD] pd newbie: csound gen subroutines in pd?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon May 26 10:14:06 CEST 2003

Hallo,
ssC _ hat gesagt: // ssC _ wrote:

> i am quite new to PD...this is my first post to the pd-list.
>
> question for anyone who knows CSound as well as PD:
>
> i am wondering if someone could explain the equivalent in PD to the
> f-tables and GEN subroutines in CSound.
> from what i understand, an f-table is an array of floating point values
> generated by the various GEN routines and then subsequently accessed by a
> variety of opcodes in the .orc file.

f-tables are just "table" or "array" objects in Pd. You get a whole
bunch of tabwrite, tabread and so on opcodes in Pd, as well.

The only gen-routine, that is built into Pd is called "(co)sinesum". See
the example in doc/2.control.examples/15.array.pd

For more of the classic Gen-functions you need to look into external
collections. PeRColate has several of them, and I think, vasp as well.

It also might be a good exercise to try to recreate them as pure
abstractions. ;)

ciao