[PD] fluid~, shabby~, shaffy~ segfaults

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon May 26 10:19:32 CEST 2003

Hallo,
t.barrass at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au hat gesagt: // t.barrass at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au wrote:

> Does anyone know why I would get this message with these externals?
>
> Segmentation fault
> socket receive error: Connection reset by peer (104)

The message can have several reasons...

> The fluid help patch crashes when dsp is turned on, and the others
> exit straight away.  Shabby~ and shaffy~ used to work here - could
> it be from changing compiler versions, or forgetting to remove
> something during pd recompiles/installs etc?

... but I actually suppose that this is compiler related. Did you
recompile both flext and the externals with the same compiler? If you
updated you libstdc++ in the meantime, you need to recompile them.
It's a satanic C++ thing, C-users wouldn't understand...

Oh, and: I did not test them with pd.0.37-test. 0.37 can not be
officially supported by me until I can get it to run with ALSA.

ciao