[PD] fluid~, shabby~, shaffy~ segfaults

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Mon May 26 15:53:53 CEST 2003

On Mon, 26 May 2003, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Oh, and: I did not test them with pd.0.37-test. 0.37 can not be
> officially supported by me until I can get it to run with ALSA.

Strangly enough the last time we did latency tests using the
OSS layer for ALSA, we discovered that the OSS layer showed
by far better performance than the ALSA implementation.
(Because it uses blocking I/O, which gives better time resolution)
So there should be no reason not to run pd under OSS until
we have time to fix the ALSA I/O (which should be supported
by portaudio actually)

Guenter