[PD] grafic card + gem

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon May 26 20:26:38 CEST 2003

Hallo,
thomas gorbach hat gesagt: // thomas gorbach wrote:

> i want to install gem and get the info from Zmoelnig that it is best to
> have a graphic card with acceleration.
> Are the suggestions witch card is best for gem.

You run Linux, right? Then the drivers are more important than the
card. Nvidia provides closed source drivers for their cards, which is
something I don't like, that's why I don't run anything by Nvidia. But
the drivers seem to be quite good. (Do they provide PowerPC drivers,
too?)

Another choice are the Radeon cards. Open-source drivers are in
development, AFAIK. Personally I still run a Matrox G450.

ciao