[PD] oggcast~ wierd happenings.

august august at alien.mur.at
Tue May 27 16:01:11 CEST 2003

anyone test oggcast~ with the new icecast server.

im using oggcast~ taken today from cvs with a gentoo linux distro and
ALSA.

funny thought that I am getting these errors when connecting with
oggcast~:

first, when I try to connect to the server, the server says im not
connected, but oggcast~ says I am.

then, when I turn the dsp on in PD i get:

ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:407:(snd_pcm_hw_status) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_STATUS failed:
Bad file descriptor
audio I/O stuck... closing audio

this seems really wierd to me.  can't see how oggcast~ would fuck up the
soundcard (unless maybe oggcast is trying to ioctls internally ???).

-august.