[PD] oggcast~ wierd happenings.

august august at alien.mur.at
Wed May 28 08:58:19 CEST 2003

> Hi August,
>
> since I don't upload my stuff into CVS myselfe I don't know which version
> you downloaded. The latest version  is 0.2h (from my website) whis I tested
> with Icecast2 on Win32 (using pd0.36, in case that should matter).

ok, just downloaded the latest 0.2h from your site, and I get the same
errors.

i also noticed that to compile I needed to add
	#include <stdlib.h>

and to compile i had to take away -Wall -Wshadow
otherwise, I get this:
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
oggcast~.c: In function `oggcast_child_connect':
oggcast~.c:551: warning: int format, t_int arg (arg 3)
oggcast~.c:615: warning: int format, t_int arg (arg 3)
oggcast~.c: In function `oggcast_child_main':
oggcast~.c:790: warning: int format, t_int arg (arg 3)
oggcast~.c:801: warning: declaration of `fifotail' shadows a previous
local
oggcast~.c:700: warning: shadowed declaration is here
oggcast~.c:836: warning: int format, t_int arg (arg 3)
oggcast~.c:836: warning: int format, t_int arg (arg 4)

can you make something of this?

> > then, when I turn the dsp on in PD i get:
>
> You should always turn on dsp _before_ connecting to the server. The server
> expects the source client to send the login string imediately followed by
> audio data. But this does not explain your "Bad file descriptor".

ok, I dumped the error messages to file so that I could sort through them,
and this is what I get before all that ALSA junk:

oggcast~: logging in to IceCast2 server...
oggcast~: logged in to http://aura.siba.fi:8000/puredata.ogg
oggcast~: ogg/vorbis encoder initialised
Pd: signal 13
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:407:(snd_pcm_hw_status) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_STATUS failed:
Bad file descriptor

so, it looks like pd is crashing, and thats where the bad file descriptor
is coming from.

And, I can see that the Icecast2 server is working by connecting and
streaming with IceS.

- august.