[PD] PD Launcher/External Manager

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed May 28 23:49:19 CEST 2003

Hallo,
bbogart at ryerson.ca hat gesagt: // bbogart at ryerson.ca wrote:

> Part of my needs for the launcher is the ability to start multiple
> configuration sets, not just a single configuration. Can one point
> PD to using another .pdrc file? (pd -rc
> c:\windows\profiles\bbogart\.pdrc-EMI)
>
> This would be useful for a default configuration... I'm really not
> sold on the pdrc as a way of storing sets of configs, I think
> scripts (under linux and OSX) and shortcuts (under windows) is the
> best way for that, that way the configs are seperate from the
> laucher program, which only manages (and/or starts PD) the config
> sets.

I'd love to see an option to specify a config file to use. Normally I
run pd with high scheduling for better stability. But then, if I test
some adventurous externals (by me) pd sometimes hangs, so I remove the
"-rt" option before. But sometimes I just forget it or forget to put
it back in (I'd also prefer to have comments in .pdrc back ;)
That's why I'd like to be able to start pd for example like:
"pd -rc config-for-experimenting" and "pd -rc config-playing-live"

ciao