[PD] Dumping [coll] contents to a text file

Michael J Berkowski berk0081 at tc.umn.edu
Thu May 29 16:55:24 CEST 2003

Greetings,

I am fairly new to PD and am looking for a way of dumping the contents of a
[coll] to a text file, without the index value at the front, and inserting a
carriage return after each coll index. The purpose of this is algorithmic
score generation for Csound, and I had been doing this in Max-MSP with the
[text] object, packing in a "cr" with each list.  In PD, I have had to copy
the coll's contents to a text editor, save them, and import them into
MS-Excel with delimitations to remove the index value-->not very efficient.

Is there an object/external in PD which acts similarly to [text] in Max?
Does anyone have a better suggestion than this entirely?

Thanks very much

Michael Berkowski
berk0081 at tc.umn.edu