[PD] Installing PD under Linux

Josh Steiner josh at vitriolix.com
Fri May 30 22:12:04 CEST 2003

yeah, thats true.  i'm developing a synthesizer, and i was originally
planning on separating the synth core from the gui, so you could choose
if you need to gui or not.  it occured to me that i heard sometime ago
that hidden gui objects dont impact the cpu performance.  so it would be
easier for me to develop it as one abstraction, if you need the gui,
popup the gui window, other wise dont.  of course this hinges on my
understanding that hidden gui objects dont impact performance.

btw, its polyfonic now adn has a functioning gui editor for the synth
parameters... i'll be releasing 0.1 pretty soon now once i work out a
few of the really obnoxious bugs :)

-josh