[PD] Re: [PD-announce] Video Game Audio Prototyping with Pure Data

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jun 3 09:45:20 CEST 2003

Hallo,
lotusaudio at shaw.ca hat gesagt: // lotusaudio at shaw.ca wrote:

> An online article which details how to use Pure Data in video game
> development at www.gamasutra.com.  Assumes intermediate knowledge of
> Pure Data.  Several patches available to download and experiment
> with including one to generate adaptive music.
>
> Read article at (free reg req'd):
> http://www.gamasutra.com/resource_guide/20030528/paul_01.shtml

This is a wonderful article. May I use some of the "Tips and Tricks"
for the "Quote of the month" on pure-data.sf.net (of course with
backlinks)???

I have one issue with the patches, though. On Linux at least,
everything plays around 4 times as fast as it should, judging by the
ogg-files. The reason seems to be, that all samples are sampled at
11025 Hz. and then get played pack at whatever samplerate Pd is
running, mostly in the 44-48 kHz area.

I currently have no other simple solution than to resample all files
with sox. On Linux (and maybe OS-X) this shell magic get it to work
again (for a Pd samplerate of 44100):

for f in *.wav; do sox $f -r 44100 $f.wav; /bin/mv $f.wav $f ; done

ciao