[PD] problems with pix_video in GEM

lluis gomez i bigorda lgomez at pangea.org
Wed Jun 4 20:00:40 CEST 2003

hello all,

i'm experiencing rare problems with pix_video object, the captured image is not
so good: there is some dropped frames and sometimes image is cutted in
horizontal lines... i'm not shure but i think that it works with very good
quality in the same computer before some changes with my packages.

any idea?

i'm using GEM+cvs version:
GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia
GEM: ver: 0.87+cvs
GEM: compiled: Apr 11 2003

i obtain this error: (VIDIOCSYNC: Invalid argument)

cap: name BT848A( *** UNKNOWN/GENERIC **) type 235 channels 4 maxw 924 maxh 576
minw 48 minh 32

picture: brightness 32768 depth 32 palette 5

vcap.channels 4
channel 0 name Television type 1 flags 3
channel 1 name Composite1 type 2 flags 2
channel 2 name S-Video type 2 flags 2
channel 3 name Composite3 type 2 flags 2
buffer size 4259840, frames 2, offset 0 2129920

frame 0 0, format 4, width 512, height 512

GEM: pix_video: Opened video connection B
vmmap 81108D8
starting thread!
VIDIOCSYNC: Invalid argument

i don't know if it's useful but here is some data about my Xfree configuration:

xfree86 4.2.1-6
NVIDIA driver

and in XF86Config-4 i'm loading this modules:
        Load    "bitmap"
        Load    "dbe"
        Load    "ddc"
        Load    "extmod"
        Load    "freetype"
        Load    "glx"
        Load    "int10"
        Load    "pex5"
        Load    "record"
        Load    "speedo"
        Load    "type1"
        Load    "vbe"
        Load    "xie"
        Load    "v4l"

thank's

  _
 (o< -! lluis gómez i bigordà                            lgomez at pangea.org
 //\                                                      +34.650.91.94.35
 V_/_                                               www.pangea.org/~lgomez