[PD] [ot] Thinkpad 770 linux and PD

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu mauriziopuxeddu at yahoo.it
Sat Jun 7 09:34:22 CEST 2003

On Sat, 2003-06-07 at 08:55, Matthew Allen wrote:
> I may have access to a thinkpad 770 (233?300?mhz) with 128mb ram. Its
> painfully slow with windows (as witnessed by posts on this list), but there
> is a pretty large linux community for these things.  Is anone using one (or
> have used one) running linux and PD? If so how is the native sound card? How
> was performance?

I have a thinkpad a24m. From your spec it should be a more recent model.
In my case the sound card is unusable except for system event
notification and playing mp3 of pop music.
IBM are very robust.
Basically I usa my thinkpad as control system and make audio with
another machine.

HTH,

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu.