[PD] Newbie questions...

Atte André Jensen atte at ballbreaker.dk
Wed Jun 11 10:26:26 CEST 2003

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:02:38 +0200
Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:

> > I run pd with "pd -alsa -nomidi" but get:
> >
> > Sample width set to 2 bytes
> > snd_pcm_hw_params_set_format (output): Invalid argument
>
> Does Pd run better using the OSS emulation ("pd -oss")?

I don't seem to have that option... My pd is the one from demudi, I know
they focus hard on alsa, maybe they complied without support for oss?

> What card do
> you have and which version number of Pd are you running?

My card is AWE64gold and my pd is version "0.36 preliminary test 5"...

Any idea what exactly is causing the "snd_pcm_hw_params_set_format
(output): Invalid argument" error? pd? alsa?

> > <snip>I dream about buying a PIV
> > 2400 laptop for running pd <snip> How well can I expect this to
> > perform <snip>
>
> It'll run fast as h*ll. I only have a Mobile Celeron 1.3 and I can run
> most things I build very good.

Wow, I'll be looking forward to that!

--
peace, love & harmony