[PD] SID Emulation

stm_sq^n stm-sq at bleu255.com
Sun Jun 15 20:39:13 CEST 2003

Hello Shintaro,

SM> does somebosy know how I can produce SID alike sounds in PD?

as far as i know (not a lot i'm affraid) SID is a subtractive
synth based on triangle, square, saw and noise 8-bits signals.

there are also low-pass, high-pass, band-pass filters.
now the hard part is that weird resonance filter that make this
typical SID sound.

i don't think that emulating such a chip is hard but the way to
handle the "instruments", the chip is not the most important part as
the "power" of its sound has been mainly due to the trackers that were
controlling it (ADSR, LFO, "oldskool effects" ...)

SM> I know I should first try it by myself, but maybe somebody else has
SM> done that before (of course i think..)

not me, but if you're willing to give it a try, let me know cause i
would be interested in making a such "l33t" patch ;)

++

aym3ric.