[PD] getting error when launching pdp/pidip library

supriya kher meetsupriya at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 16 06:08:04 CEST 2003

Hi,

I am trying to load pidip. when I try to launch pdp, pidip libraries I get
the following error.

couldn't open MIDI input device 1
couldn't open MIDI output device 1
opened 0 MIDI input device(s) and 0 MIDI output device(s).
/dev/dsp (read/write): No such device
(now will try write-only...)
/dev/dsp (writeonly): No such device
error: OSS: SNDCTL_DSP_CHANNELS failed /dev/dsp
/root/Thesis/pdp-0.11.1/pdp.pd_linux: can't load library
/root/Thesis/pidip-0.9.3/pidip.pd_linux: can't load library
audio I/O stuck... closing audio

Also I do not know how to use pd, but my project involves just running pidip
package and see the output of pdp_mgrid.c routine by the coming week, i.e.
maximum by thursday. I want to track the coordinates of the moving object in
a mpeg file. Will anybody please guide me? I would appreciate your help.

Waiting eagerly for your reply.

Supriya Kher