[PD] neural networks and pd

Alex alex at idoia.com
Wed Jun 18 10:38:12 CEST 2003

Hi,

For my project of network performance, the application has been built
with neural net technology in mind. It is not finished yet, but
basically the patch samples incoming streams according to a metronome,
a signature and a kind of MIDI file that helps the computer to know
which note is played. The computer recognize rhythmic melodic patterns.
At some point because of the delays created by the networks, the
computer have some gaps to fill (due to discordance of harmony or
simply by a slow connection). When the length of the gap is known, the
patch playbacks a sample (or several ones) it "thinks that will suit
the rest of the song. The musician playing can either activate a foot
controller or any MIDI controller to tell the computer if it is a bad
choice or not.
I am at the moment dealing with how to save data for memory and
particularly looking at object for database communication.
BTW, I now there was something done to communicate with MySql but I
don' t remember where was that. Olaf' s objects, maybe ?

Alex