[PD] chorus filter

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 22 09:08:50 CEST 2003

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003, astroboy2520 wrote:

> i have a projected piece i would like to work on soon, and i was wondering
> if there are any tutorials available (web or books) that will break me in on
> how to implement such a filter in PD?  i am looking to see if it is
> plausible to compose a piece utilizing such filter in real time, rather than
> using a software editing program to apply the effect and cutting it
> together.

since adding two identical sounds together gives you exactly the same
sound only louder, if you want it to sound like several people are trying
to play the same note at once, you have to make those sounds slightly
distinct. Usually you'd make vibratos that are out-of-sync for that
purpose. Then you simply add them.

plugging only one speaker on a Casio (tm) MT800, you can clearly hear that
this is what the "Stereo Chorus" effect does (or did... R.I.P.) ;-)