[PD] PID loops/controlling robots with PD

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Jun 23 06:15:56 CEST 2003

PID stands for Proportional, Integral, Derivative.  Its a standard method
of controlling servos and robotics.  (http://www.expertune.com/tutor.html)

For the robotic tree we just did, there were 10 pneumatic cylinders for
the arms and 80 switches to control drippers.  The cylinders had built-in
position sensors.  I believe the A-to-D was 12-bit, but it may have been
16-bit.

I found one that looks good, http://mat.sf.net but I was wondering whether
it would be feasible to do this within Pd entirely.

.hc