[PD] re(3): pd & director

Michael Hackl hackl at plankton.net
Mon Jun 23 15:08:02 CEST 2003

Hi

netsend/receive can communicate with any tcp/udp port. I have already
used them to communicate with java,python,php.
Just connect to the netreceive or open a socket waiting for the netsend.

But I do not have any idea what director,flash,.. can do... (If they
support any more or less mighty language, they should be able to
communicate via tcp or udp)

Michael

PS: u_pdreceive.c u_pdsend.c
-> there should be 2 programs in the bin directory: pdsend & pdreceive.
You can connect from the commandline with these applications

Am Mon, 2003-06-23 um 14.49 schrieb Fares Kayali:
> > I would try to see if the external for PD called Flashserver works on OSX. i am not
> > sure about this, but si far is the best way to get bidireccional communication
> > between PD and director (at least under windows)
> The latest version has a binary for OS X included. It seems to work but I only did some short tests, no 'real life' conditions.
> http://www.akustische-kunst.org/puredata/flash/
>

> hi!
>
> As soon as I get my new IBook I'm gonna try out the flshserver! Thanks!
> But isnt it possible to communicate between director and pd over the tcp protocol? I'm not sure what netsend/receive do, but shouldnt that be possible as well?
>
> cu
> Fares

mfG
Michael Hackl