[PD] re(3): pd & director

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Mon Jun 23 16:03:13 CEST 2003

Fares Kayali schrieb:
> But isnt it possible to communicate between director and pd over the
> tcp protocol? I'm not sure what netsend/receive do, but shouldnt that
> be possible as well?

It is possible and it's exactly what flashserver does. The only real
difference is that flashserver is bidirectional, i.e. you can send data
back to Flash (and maybe Director). Netsend and netreceive only work in
one direction. In the end it's TCP/IP communication anyway (or - if you
like - UDP in case of netsend/-receive).

Olaf