[PD] suggestion about graph on parent to the developers

Mark Khemma mkhemma at orion.it.luc.edu
Wed Jun 25 21:06:29 CEST 2003

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Miller Puckette wrote:

> Good idea... there could be some new "frame" object, which, if you had one
> in a patcher, would make the parent morph into a panel containing whatever
> was in the frame.  This would make it easy to throw comments around too.

Do you think it would be possible to nest "frames" within frames? so say
you create an graphical adsr subpatch which has vsliders set next to each
other. Then you create another patch (that is also set for GOP)which takes
an the graphical adsr for both left and right speakers and say add a
graphical filter to it as well to make one large graphical patch.

|							|
| __gadsr___________	__gadsr___________	filter_ |
| | # #  #    #	   |	| # #  #    #	 |	|0  0 |	|
|	left			right		lp/hp	|

So I suppose if the frame object could fixed the pixel dimensions of the
subpatch on the parent then nestings frames could be possible and not
bunch up the graph like it does now.

god I wish I had time to help develop pd!!
-Mark .k