[PD] pd with OSC and SGI Performer

PAGANO,PATRICK RALPH bigswift at ufl.edu
Wed Jun 25 21:35:38 CEST 2003

Hi folks

We here at the University fo Florida, Digital Worlds Institute
have created a 3D campus map that runs on a three pipe SGI Onyx
reality monster. We use unwinder to joystick through the campus
model. We are able to write map data to a file specifying
location
points in the map. What i would like to do is read this data
(maybe by socket) from the SGI to control an audio surface/grid
in
Max/msp so that we may add spatialized audio to our map in 5.1. I
am currently controlling the spatialization with a slide mate
midi
controller, spitting out audio tracks through an emi 2|6 for the
5.1.

I would like to use pd IRIX to receive the OSC messages before
they are sent out to msp. I have a working version of pd 34.3 on
the Reality Monster, will OSC work in that build?

Can someone give me basic of how to get started getting the
messages from the SGI into pd via OSC?

Pat

cheers~

Patrick Pagano