[PD] upcoming installation - OSX, motu, midi, video

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Thu Jun 26 15:09:57 CEST 2003

Hi,

I've been asked to do the tech side of an art installation for a
couple of my friends. They have a Motu828 firewire multi audio-out
card running on OSX. Midi in will be a USB midiman breakout box
(connected to control-voltage-to-midi converter connected to light
sensors). Judging by posts in the last couple of days, I should be
able to get the motu going with Pd 0.36 and port audio april version.
Not so sure about the midi - has anyone used usb midiman box with Pd
on OSX? I seem to remember reading that port audio midi on OSX is
buggy. Video - has anyone compiled/run GEM currently on OSX? I need
to play some avi/mpg/mov files in time with these midi/CV triggers
too.
Just thought I'd check on the list before I start kludging things
together myself. What do you think my chances are of getting midi in,
motu multi-audio out, and video without touching any sourcecode?

Thanks for your comments!

Kind Regards,

Chris.
chris at mccormick.cx