[PD] spherical vector addition

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jun 26 15:04:03 CEST 2003

Zitiere Cyrille Henry <cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr>:

> hello,
>
> I want to add 2 spherical vector.

> It's possible to do an abstraction with 2 "sph2cart", adding cartesian
>
> value, and then a "cart2sph".
yes of course, but this is how you add a spherical to a cartesian vector.
if you want to add 2 spherical vectors, just add them element-by-element...

> but I'm looking for an external (or abstraction) using less cpu : it's
> an operation that I need to aply on many vectors...

what machine are you running ? how "many" vectors ?
on modern machines you really shouldn't notice (if you don't have 100 millions
of vectors each second, but then you will have to wait for faster hardware
rather than faster abstractions/externals)

mfg.dra.vfr
IOhannes