[PD] PD arrays in Gripd windows

Joseph A. Sarlo jsarlo at ucsd.edu
Fri Jun 27 23:33:46 CEST 2003

If I recall, I think I just made a generic array viewer for GrIPD that you
could send an array index and value from Pd. To use it to view Pd arrays,
you parse the Pd array using tabread and send the values in the usual GrIPD
way (I can't remember if I made it bi-directional, but it should be easy to
implement). You can set this up with a metro object, and this way, the user
can control the resolution (both time and array resampling). This avoided
issues such as how much data to send over tcp and when to send it (just put
the burden on the user!), although it would be nice to have a way for Pd to
make callbacks when an array's contents have changed.

Joe
jsarlo at ucsd.edu