[Pd] audio I/O stuck... closing audio

julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net
Mon Jun 30 10:35:22 CEST 2003

By default, I think Pd for Linux uses the ALSA sound drivers.

Try to run Pure Data with the OSS sound drivers, with this command :

% pd -oss

ALSA drivers are better, you should install them if you still use OSS

2 links :
ALSA page
www.alsa-project.org

PlanetCCRMA (sound & video packages for Linux ; here is the kernel/drivers
page)
http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/installkernelandsound.html

But the "audio stuck" problem can have another cause too (for example I
remember experiencing this under Windows because my sound card didn't have any
ASIO driver)