[PD] 4 outs on a cheap soundcard.

Josh Steiner josh at vitriolix.com
Mon Jun 30 20:42:49 CEST 2003

my pal steve managedto do this with i believe an sb live.  we also did
it with multiple cheapo consumer cards, but i dont advise it since the
cards buffers empty at slightly different rates which can result in a
near constant crackling sound.  here is his message:

---

I think if you get the emu-tools package from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/emu10k1

you can use it to map the rear channels to the second PCM device. I
don't remember the exact syntax, but you want to map front to PCM0 and
rear to PCM1.

I had a script that did it, but it probably got erased when we did the
reinstall

-s

---

-josh