[PD] Pd vs. MAX

PAGANO,PATRICK RALPH bigswift at ufl.edu
Mon Jun 30 23:23:54 CEST 2003

I have used jMAx, pd and Max/msp. Jmax i used briefly (not nearly
as long as i spent trying to compile it :-)..It is limited but
there are a few nice extensions for it. pd, i have been cracking
at for about 5 years, Max/msp about three. The only drawback is
that pd and portaudio seem to be stalling on usb-audio multiins
outs (at least from my very limited perspective.) But remeber pd
and jMAx are free as well as csound whilst Reaktor and Max/msp are
pay programs so i would exclude them immediately from comparison.
I woudl have to say msp dominates because of the superior audio
support, but hopefully that will change soon..

cheers~

--
PAGANO,PATRICK RALPH