[PD] OT : Hammerfall under Linux

kevin ernste kevinernste at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 00:38:02 CEST 2003

--- julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Does anyone use an RME Hammerfall PCI card under Linux ?
>
> Though I follow exactly all the steps explained in the PlanetCCRMA
> site, my card
> is detected but doesn't work (same situation following the ALSA page)
> ;
> I heard it may be related to the newest Hammerfall cards only ;
>
> I have a copy of the error messages and I can post it if it helps.

I fought with the same card a few days ago and with no luck.  It
appears to stem from a firmware mismatch.  There is some info about
this on the Details page for this card in the ALSA soundcard matrix,
including advice for downgrading firmware to get it to work.

http://alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php3?company=RME&card=Hammerfall+DSP&chip=FPGA&module=hdsp

Kevin

=====
"I should prefer this note not be read or, if skimmed, that it should be forgotten." - Mallarme