[PD] Pd vs. MAX

Joseph A. Sarlo jsarlo at ucsd.edu
Tue Jul 1 10:10:10 CEST 2003

This was one of the original motives behind GrIPD, that is, to make Pd
stand-alone applications. It should be relatively straight forward to write
up a shell script (on whatever OS), and have Pd launched with the proper
command line args (-nogui, etc.)  I came across this site:

http://powerc.hku.nl/

and it looks like they are doing something along these lines with an altered
version of GrIPD. Two things that I think might be helpful are 1) some kind
of tool to help this process and 2) some sort of setup app that could detect
hardware and let users set the settings, which could then write out a file
with the proper command line args (audiodev, etc.) to launch the
Pd-standalone with. Just two more items on my never-ending TODO list...

Joe
jsarlo at ucsd.edu