[PD] newbie questions: pure-data.org, patches, vst

booey chewy booeyschewy at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 4 01:26:34 CEST 2003

Hi there,

i'm back to try pd once again (i graduated from
college and have some more time being unemployed). I
have a few questions.

What happened to pure-data.org? that was a great site!

Where can I go to find patches of synths,
drummachines, etc that I can tinker with as tutorials
(as supplements to the tutorial docs).

My goal for pd is to build an audio work environment
in which I can realize: microtonal scales, vst (or
ladsp) plugin chains for realtime processing, and
integrated midi realtime control.

So I guess I need to know about vst~ or other means of
integrating plugins, scales (presumably through
quantizing incoming midi data?), and how to convert
midi controller data into pd data.

I'm also interested in the regular old granular
synthesis, but haven't been able to relocated those
patches/externs?