[PD] mp3 proxy

august august at alien.mur.at
Fri Jul 4 12:21:20 CEST 2003

> hi thomas,
>
> I read:
> > 1) Has anyone done a port of readanysf~ for win32? And did anyone make an
> > external capable of running mp3s backward?
>
> 1) dunno

I started a port using cygwin and ming and got so far that I could play
wav and mp3 files garbled.  didn't have the time to research it further,
an now it looks like it will be a while before I can get into it.  and,
since I peronally don't use windose or have a windose machine to work
with, it's last on my agenda.  first, I'd like to get the threading and
logic down for internet streams.

about playing backwards....hmm.  should be possible, but would take a
while.

> 1.5) I used alsaplayer for that (on linux, with jack), and I have the
>      feeling that readanyfs~ will do it one day.
>      august are you in vienna ?

yes, but only till 1.Aug.

> we could meet at the pure date and that
>      would make up a nice afternoon project ;)

I plan to come later in the evening. ....it's gonna be a heavy week and
I'll probably be too wasted to get into coding in the evening.  but, let's
see.

best - august.