[PD] mp3 proxy

august august at alien.mur.at
Fri Jul 4 17:01:26 CEST 2003

> > first, I'd like to get the threading and logic down for internet
> > streams.
>
> May I cautiosly ask, if "interpolated varispeed" and "nudging" is
> somewhere on that agenda? ;)

the speed should be interpolated.  as for nudging, I guess thats second on
the list.  well, I'd like to redesign the buffering so that it is a bit
friendlier ... and nudging shouldn't be a prob then.

> I took a short look into the source, because like CK I would like to
> use readanysf for a DJing patch. Currently it is very hard to try to
> get two streams synchronized because changing speed or jumping a bit
> forward results in clicks.

you shouldn't be getting clicks when changing speed.

jumping a bit forward results in clicks, 'cause its refilling the buffer.

> If it isn't on your agenda now, maybe someone else has a pointer to an
> algorithm with which to achive that goal. Then I'd take a deeper look
> myself.

the algo for the speed comes from libsamplerate, supposedly the best lib
for that.

-august.