[Pd] audio I/O stuck... closing audio

enrike at ixi-software.net enrike at ixi-software.net
Sat Jul 5 18:31:58 CEST 2003

hi all

i am running pd on a compaq presario 920ea under windows xp home edition.
i experienced the "get audio I/O stuck... closing audio" since i bought few months
ago. I tried several tricks and all kinds of ways to twist the system to improve the
performance. None worked. I could only run PD with "- audiobuf 128" flag.

recently i decided to reinstall the system and reformat the hardrive with FAT32
format (previous was NTFS).
I installed the same xp home but i didnt use the cds that compaq provides to
reinstall all their system, i did it manually.
i didn't change anything at all but the  problems have aparently dissapeared.
I also noticed that my system runs faster now.

i guess that either the NTFS format or some utility that comes with the Compaq
installation cds was causing the problem.

hope this helps to somebody.