[PD] PD [GEM] DV codec and winXP

Daniel Heckenberg daniel at bogusfront.org
Sun Jul 6 02:52:15 CEST 2003

Hi Brad,

Yup - DV and most newer codecs are accessed using DirectShow rather than VFW
which is what the [pix_film] object uses.  There's nothing that you can do
to enable DS codecs: GEM itself needs to use the DirectShow API to load and
access the films.

I do have a DirectShow based film playing object in development which I'm
hoping to roll into GEM CVS and therefore GEM sometime soon.  Unfortunately
I've been busy with other things lately and haven't been able to spend much
time on GEM development.

I'll try to finish it off and do another CVS build soon.

Daniel