[pd] and midi

Bradon Webb bradonwebb at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 22:49:25 CEST 2003

hello,
does anyone know why I am getting an error message
saying that midiin works on Linux only? is this
correct? I am confused, because my midi
(doepfer)controler works fine with PD.  but what I am
trying to do is send midi data from other programs
into PD (i.e. from Fruityloops into PD).  when I play
midi data from fruityloops, I should be recieving some
midi events in PD with the [notein] (omni) object
showing things like velocity, and pitch, correct? but
I am getting nothing.  can anyone help please....
thank you
bradon~