[PD] "bit" object?

Bryan Jurish moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Jul 7 23:31:27 CEST 2003

morning Marc,

On 6 July 2003 at 22:10:58, Marc Lavallée wrote:
 > I'm looking for an object or a simple abstraction to decode the bit values
 > of a integer ( Ex: 5 = 101, so bit 0 = 1, bit 1 = 0, bit 2 = 1).
 > If it doesn't exist, I can program a simple external.

I've never seen (or heard of) such an object, but you could
use PD's binary bitwise operators &, |, ~ for this purpose,
giving them suitable constants (2**n) as arguments / right-inlet
inputs.

If you need more bits than will fit into a single t_float
(here on linux seems to be ca. 30 bits), it might be easier
to program an external which handles lists of floats as
long bit-vectors...

marmosets,
	Bryan