[PD] Capturing images from a DVcam / webcam

julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net
Tue Jul 8 13:10:16 CEST 2003

Hello

I would like to capture the pixel values of a DVcam image in order to use these
values in a patch. I'm not interested in displaying the image, so the frame
rate is not very important.
These values will be used for filling a matrix regularly (in the patch). As
this matrix is quite small, the capture X-Y-resolution should be low (possibly
the same as the size of the matrix) in order to save computation time.

I think it's possible with GEM, but it may slow the patch. What is the best
method for doing this ?

Maybe I should use a webcam instead of the DVcam, too.

Thank you all,

Julien