[PD] Capturing images from a DVcam / webcam

christian pd at testphase.org
Tue Jul 8 14:29:24 CEST 2003

hi julien!

daniel did a directshow based live video capture object [pix_video_ds]
that can be downloaded [win] at http://www.bogusfront.org
you will need directX 8 or higher ...

i used it with a sony minidv cam and a logitec webcam without
any problems ... with the dv cam i had the impression that the
latency period is a bit longer, maybe because of the dv resolution
which results in a bigger stream ...

good luck,
christian

> Hello
>
> I would like to capture the pixel values of a DVcam image in order to
use these
> values in a patch. I'm not interested in displaying the image, so the
frame
> rate is not very important.
> These values will be used for filling a matrix regularly (in the
patch). As
> this matrix is quite small, the capture X-Y-resolution should be low
(possibly
> the same as the size of the matrix) in order to save computation
time.

> I think it's possible with GEM, but it may slow the patch. What is
the best
> method for doing this ?
>
> Maybe I should use a webcam instead of the DVcam, too.
>

> Thank you all,
>
> Julien

:.
/////++testphase.org