[PD] about 8 outputs sound hardware, any suggestion?

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Tue Jul 8 17:32:43 CEST 2003

hola josé,

although it can be a bit funny [and a bit expensive], i still love my
Hammerfall DSP card. it has seperate interfaces for laptop and desktop
machines, and has no problems running simultaneous 8 inputs and outputs.
it gets amazing low latency under ASIO, and with some tuning you can get
it to run pretty well with Jack under Linux. see here for Linux
configuration details:

http://pd.klingt.org/files/hdsp-howto.html

i will be using one for a multichannel installation at Medienturm in
September.

have a look at VBAP for spatialization software:
http://www.acoustics.hut.fi/research/abstracts/vbap.html
http://www.akustische-kunst.org/puredata/vbap/vbap.html

good luck
derek