[PD] about 8 outputs sound hardware, any suggestion?

Søren Bovbjerg bovbjerg at musik.auc.dk
Tue Jul 8 20:02:30 CEST 2003

> at orquestra del caos we are planning a show of artistic works based
> on pd and max/msp patches especially oriented to control the position
> of sounds...
>
> we were very grateful for your advices, opinions and experiences on
> sound cards and computer configurations one should use to successfully
> run PD on a pentium PC through 8 independent outputs.

If you are able to run PD with the -rt flag (in Linux) you can try the
M-Audio Delta 410 which have 2 analog ins and 8 outs. I don't know how
it performs with ASIO in Windows. (Are there issues with PortAudio when
the number of inputs and outputs are not the same? I seem to remember
seeing this somewhere)

Cheers

Soeren