[PD] newbie GEM questions

lists at martinmalm.com lists at martinmalm.com
Wed Jul 9 12:22:00 CEST 2003

Hi !

> i don't fully understand your question, but basically does it mean, to
> blow up a (say) "320x240" openGL-rendering (Gem-window) to (say)
> 1024x768-fullscreen (upsampling) ?

Yes, thats exactly what I mean, But maybe in Open GL this wouldn't
increase the performance as muchs as would if it was pure video processing
?

Another thing I ran into yesterday is the the color pix_rgba conversion I
have to do to use the pix_objects, is this a costly operation and are
there any codecs / fileformats that which wouldn't have to be conversed ?

I noticed that when using pix_multiimage with tif sequences instead of
pix_film with avi files I didn't have to do the conversion anymore..

BIG THANKS goes out to all the people who are working or have been working
with GEM ! I really enjoy experimenting with your program. I hope that
some day I be able to contribute to GEM too...

All the best /

MArtin MAlm