[PD] [Gem] svideo out (win)

Pixelcorrection at wmconnect.com Pixelcorrection at wmconnect.com
Wed Jul 9 17:33:02 CEST 2003

I used to have a thinkpad with ATI display technology*.  I figured out this
solution for doing VJ sets.  In your control panel / display / setting /
advanced you need to switch the svideo out monitor to the primary screen and make
your other monitor be the secondary monitor.  Then adjust the sizes (i.e. make
the svideo monitor as small as possible), I suggest matching  the desktop
background color with your Gem background colour, and hide the task bar.  I use Gem
+ CVS and it is a bit buggy when it comes to giving too many commands to the
Gem window I suggest give it

[offset x y]
   [dimen x y]

then create your window, make sure it is where you want it.  Then distroy
your window.  put in your

[border 0]

then create your window again and start the rendering.

* I recently aquired a nvidea based pci video card and have no problem at all
with gem on the second screen, I think its an ati issue.