[PD] [announce] netsend / netreceive for Max <-> Pd communication

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Thu Jul 10 00:49:56 CEST 2003

Pall Thayer schrieb:

> I remember some time ago I tried a pd netsend/netreceive object for Max and it
> would only accept single element messages, for instance, 3 64; would be
> accepted as just 3. Is this object you're talking about a different one that
> will accept messages with multiple elements?

Hi Pall,

the object's I'm talking about are new ones that support more arguments
(and TCP). The total size is limited to 512 characters by now but I'll
change this in the next release since it already prooved to be to short.
You can mix arguments of any type, as long as the resulting string is
512 chracters or less (510 actually, since ';' and '\0' gets added).

Olaf