[PD] [announce] netsend / netreceive for Max <-> Pd communication

jose manuel berenguer jmbeal at telefonica.net
Thu Jul 10 01:11:27 CEST 2003

hello

as far as i know, netsend and netreceive work with lists ... i
haven't tested the limit of length, but if you send the message, say,

(0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11)

and you connect the left outlet of netreceive to a print object  you
will see the list 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 on the terminal

if you connect this left outlet to a message (set $1), and the outlet
of this message to an empty message box, you will get 0

if you connect it to a message (set $1 $2), you will get  0 1

(set $1 $2 $3) will give 0 1 2, and so on...until $9...

if you connect the left outlet of netreceive to an unpack object you
will retrieve all integers sent...

if you start the list by a symbol, you can retrieve it by forcing
unpack to process a symbol (s) in its first analyzed atom

if you place a symbol in any other place of your outgoing list, you
should also inform unpack about the position...

the list fuu 4 4 4 fiii

should be read by unpack s 0 0 0 s.

you need, indeed, connect outlets 1 and 5 to symbol boxes...

in max, you need only connect the left outlet of netreceive to a
prepend set object connected to an empty message box...

jmb