[PD] newbie GEM questions

shreeswifty bigswift at ufl.edu
Thu Jul 10 01:20:27 CEST 2003

Thanks tig
You rock
The G4 movie mixer is just awesome.

-----Original Message-----
From: pd-list-admin at iem.at [mailto:pd-list-admin at iem.at]On Behalf Of
tigital
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 10:49 AM
To: Patrick Pagano
Cc: lists at martinmalm.com; pd-list at iem.kug.ac.at
Subject: Re: [PD] newbie GEM questions

On Wednesday, July 9, 2003, at 07:57  AM, Patrick Pagano wrote:

> Hi
> i am using GEM 087 cvs with the G4 optimisations, and i am interested
> in this thread. My question is similar
> my default window seems to be a 320x240 window.
> I would like to resize it so it defaults to a 1024x768 as well
>
> can someone include a simple example or point to one that shows simple
> winow re-assignments for gemwin.
> i an controlling GEM from a second monitor as well

here's how I do it on osX:

[dimen 640 480< or [dimen 1024 768<, when sent to [gemwin], will tell
gemwin that when it creates a window, use these "dimen"sions (instead
of the default: 500x500, which is the same on any platform)...

[secondscreen 1< tells [gemwin] to try and create the window on an
external monitor;  [secondscreen 0< is default

...I am actively working on updating the help patches...

l8r,
jamie