[PD] More GEM- shading and patches

Thomas Fredericks iamonthebeach at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 10 16:39:08 CEST 2003

Hi all...

I have been playing around with GEM a bit, but I can not seem to get the
"colored glass" alpha blending effect.
How can I control the blend level of my geos (from opaque, semi-transparent
to fully transparent).
Do I have to texture them first?
Do they have to use alpha images as textures?
I will send a patch of my tests with some weird shading problem later in the
afternoon .
Does anyone have some nice GEM patches to share (were you acheived some
actual nifty effects?) because so much is missing out of the open GL
implementation(light light rays, and mirror (metal) reflections...).

Thanks a lot

Tom OF