[PD] countings

David Sabine dave at davesabine.com
Thu Jul 10 20:21:19 CEST 2003

Hello Patrick,

I'm assuming that you want to 'spin' the object...and by 'negative' you mean
'reverse spin'.

I've attached a patch which shows a [metro] connected to a counting
mechanism...the unique part of this counting mechanism is that you can
reverse the direction simply by sending a negative number to the [+] object.
You can speed up the counter by sending larger numbers to the [+] object and
even slow it down by sending very small numbers to the [+] object.

To rotate an object in a gem window, you could use this type of construct in
conjunction with a [translateXYZ] and (with help from the [mod 360] object,
you can rotate the object in 360 degrees forward or reverse and even change
the speed of the rotation.  For a smoother rotation, try [metro 10], for a
jittered effect try [metro 100]

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dave S