[PD] some thinkings about Pure-data

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Jul 11 05:45:01 CEST 2003

On Wednesday, Jun 25, 2003, at 14:18 America/New_York, Frank Barknecht
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Zitat von Olaf Matthes <olaf.matthes at gmx.de>:
>
>> But, yes, of course, we need example patches showing how to use the
>> objects. And, me culpa, I sometimes do use Pd's example patches as a
>> starting point for my own stuff.]
>
> But we all do! IMO Pd's example patches are a wonderful introduction
> to Pd and
> sound synthesis in general. I remember, though, that some of them were
> over
> my head when I started using Pd (some still are) but I can come back
> to them
> and still learn something new. Also people should really read the
> html-docs.
> But it's a known fact: Users don't read documentation. And developers
> don't
> write it. :)

What I think works best for most people are the working patches that
are also tutorials.  The Pure Data Documentation Project are great
examples of this.  But some more developed tutorials would be very
helpful as well.  There are some out there, I just got to get them
organized in the new pure-data.org...