[PD] Beat Detection and Bonk~

julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net
Fri Jul 11 10:53:28 CEST 2003

Hello Fares

I didn't experiment much with beat detection ;

bonk~ is very well suited to short-duration/fast decay and fast attack sounds,
such as african percussions, snare drums, etc

When the attack is not sharp enough, or when there is another sound behind the
attack (like a constant pad, for example), it may not work because there is no
clear attack in the global signal (the pad creates a mask that hides the
attack, for example)

One idea (though I never tried this) : use bonk~ and threshold~ together, in
order to have more parameters for deciding if there is a new attack or not.